Cliff Kauffman was taken from his family and friends in an accident on the farm on September 2, 2017. He was a family man that enjoyed working on the farm, but one of his hobbies was going on tractor drives with his family and friends in the summer. In honor of Cliff, we are hosting our 4th Cliff Kauffman Memorial Tractor Drive in his memory. The event is being held on Monday, September 5th, in Arthur. A 28-mile route will take drivers on a scenic country cruise through the Heart of Illinois Amish Country that includes the communities of Arthur, Lovington, and Cadwell.
Registration/Check-in begins Monday morning at 6:30 a.m. at Yoder’s Kitchen located on Route 133 in Arthur with the tractor drive departing at 8 am. The restaurant will be open at 6:30 for those that arrive early and would like to grab a bite before the drive. A rest stop will be held at Bryan Yoder’s pond in Lovington and lunch will be served at the Arthur Firehouse at approximately 12:30 pm.
To participate in the drive, the driver must be driving a tractor that can maintain a speed of 10 miles per hour. You are invited to come out to Yoder’s and see the tractors and drivers prior to departure. You may also watch along the tractor drive route which is provided below.
The proceeds from the event will be going to the Central Illinois Down Syndrome Organization (CIDSO) and the Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network (DSDN) to help provide funding and support for those special kids with Down syndrome. Cliff’s grandson, Colton, was born in 2014 and has Down syndrome. Colton was grandpa’s boy and just a few hours before Cliff passed away, he had taken Colton on his very last tractor ride that they would take together.
An on-site registration fee of $50 will take care of the tractor and driver and includes one T-shirt (if available) and one lunch ticket. We will have a limited amount of lunch tickets which may be purchased for $15 and a limited number of T-Shirts available for $20 on the day of the event.
For more information, to register, or purchase a lunch ticket ahead of time, please contact Kim Weber at (217)259-7195 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The event can also be found on Facebook.
1. Starting at Yoder’s Country Kitchen
2. Turn north onto CR 100E to CR 600N
3. Turn right onto 600N to 125N
4. Turn left onto 125N to 800 N
5. Turn left on 800N and cross across the Arthur Atwood Rd
6. 800 N then becomes 2500N
7. Continue on 2500 N to 1600 E
8. Left on 1600E to 2300N
9. Turn right on 2300N to 1300E
10. Then left on 1300E to Bryan Yoder’s pond for break.
11. Leaving breaktime head south on 1300 E to 2150N
12. Turn right on 2150N
13. Then turn left on 1200E
14. Continue on 1200 E across Rt. 133 to 1900 N
15. Turn left on 1900N
16. Go through Cadwell to 1600E
17. Turn left onto 1600 E to 2000N
18. Turn right on 2000N to the County Line Rd.
19. Turn north onto County Line Rd to Rt. 133
20. Turn left on Rt. 133 to Arthur Firehouse