The Atwood-Hammond Public Library reopened to the public on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 with limited hours and restrictions.
Public hours will be:
•Monday through Friday 10-2 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday 5-7 p.m.
• Saturdays 10-12
These shortened hours will allow the library staff to clean and disinfect the library throughout the day.
We will continue to offer curbside pickup. Please call with your order, or place your order online and call for a pickup time. Phone number is 578-2727.
• Face coverings (masks) are required.
• Patrons must use hand sanitizer when entering the building. (Located for your use on a table inside the second doors.)
• Patrons should limit their time in the library building to 20 minutes per day. No hanging out or loitering. No access to tables and chairs at this time.
• With social distancing recommendations only 3 patrons in the library at one time.
• No children under the age of 16 without an accompanying adult.
• Limited computers available with a time limit of 20 minutes per day.
• If you choose a book from the stacks and choose not to check out the book, place the book on a cart in front of the stacks, do not reshelf the book.
• No public water fountain.
• No public restrooms.
• No public access to magazines and newspapers.
• No public access to the local history and genealogy area.
• All returned items are to be placed in the outside book drop or on the cart inside the foyer.
• Only approach the service desk in front of the plastic window for checking out materials and other business.
• No access to the meeting room.
These mandatory temporary requirements have been set to insure your safety and the safety of the library staff with no intended inconvenience to our patrons.
Printing, copying and faxing are available. Interlibrary loans are now available.