By Kendra Hennis
The meeting of the Douglas County Board was called to order via Zoom at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 15.
Under their new business, the board voted to extend the emergency declaration amendment to the bylaws from April 7 to April 30, 2020. They felt that this was necessary due to the state’s extension of the order.
The board also noted on liquor licences expiring on April 30. The state of Illinois passed an extension to July 31. The liquor commission will talk and set a date for the county’s extension date, but said that the licence renewal is not due on May 1.
Board member Bibby Appleby also sent out a thank you to the Douglas County EMA and Health Department for the awesome job that they have done in the midst of this pandemic.
The board also:
* Approved the minutes from the March 16 emergency board meeting.
* Approved the minutes from the March 25 emergency board meeting.
* Approved the minutes from the March 18 regular board meeting.
* Approved the payment of the county’s financial obligations.
* Approved the reports of fees of the county offices.
* Approved the U of I extension agreement.
* Approved the appointment of Richard Hein as trustee to the Arthur Rural Fire Protection District for a three-year term beginning May 1, 2020.
* Approved Ordinance 20-O-6 to extend the deadline for filing application for senior freeze exemption to October 1, 2020.
* Approved the memorandum of agreement with the Illinois Department of Transportation regarding replacement of CTY Highway 6 Bridge over the Kaskaskia River.
* Approved resolution 20- R-7 authorizing execution and amendment of section 5311 grant agreement.
* Approved Ordinance 20-O-7 to provide public transportation in Douglas County.
* Approved a special warranty for Section 5311 projects.
This is necessary in the terms and conditions of their agreement and agrees to fair and equitable arrangements to protect employees.
* Approved resolution 20-R-8, a cancelation of purchase of parcel 05-01-32-409-004.
* Approved an intergovernmental memorandum of understanding between Douglas County and the Champaign County GIS Consortium.
* Adjourned until the May 20 regular board meeting at 9 a.m.